LESSON CANCELLATION AND SCHEDULE CHANGES
Student’s parents may cancel a tutorial session by giving at least 24 hours prior notice to BASIRI Tutoring LTD. in which case no penalties will be incurred. Lessons not attended by the student or attended at a reduced time from that of a regular scheduled session, without giving 24 hours prior notice shall be charged at the full rate.
To obtain maximum results from private tutorials, the student should be dedicated and plan other activities around their tutorial time. Improvement and upkeep of grades require regular practice time and dedication and commitment to keeping a routine study schedule. Preparing for another test, doing projects, or having no assigned homework from school does not constitute good reasons for tutorial cancellations. Please note that any permanent change in tutorial hours from what has been agreed upon must be discussed with BASIRI Tutoring LTD.
Fees are calculated according to the times stipulated in the schedule and no adjustment shall be made for time lost because of late arrival by the student. Any lost time because of the late arrival of the tutor shall be compensated for by extending a lesson by mutual agreement and by such amount of time that was lost.
This tutoring contract may be terminated by either party at any time by giving the other party seven (7) days prior written notice. If the student is dissatisfied with the tutorials, the parents must contact BASIRI Tutoring LTD. immediately to discuss their concerns so the situation is dealt with promptly and a resolution can be reached.
If a student is caught making side deals with the tutor, in which BASIRI Tutoring LTD. is not involved or without permission of BASIRI Tutoring LTD., the student agrees to forfeit all remaining hours and pay BASIRI Tutoring LTD. $2500 for liquidated damages per infraction and all legal fees incurred to collect the fines.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
If dissatisfied with a tutoring session of maximum 1.5 hours in length, parents may ask for a refund of the session by emailing BASIRI Tutoring LTD., stating the reason for the dissatisfaction. This must be received by BASIRI Tutoring LTD. within 5 hours from the end of the applicable tutoring session.
OBLIGATIONS OF THE STUDENT
- The student undertakes to assist the tutor in identifying problem areas in which the student needs specific tutoring.
- The student agrees that assignments, exercises or homework form an integral part of tutoring and undertakes to complete such work on time. Quality work and neatness is expected.
- The student is to demonstrate cooperation, attentiveness, and politeness.
- The student is expected to take care of all material borrowed from BASIRI Tutoring LTD. Any loss or damage will be charged to the student’s account.
- The student must keep the tutor informed of their school schedule, upcoming quizzes or test, and assignments so that a study schedule can be implemented.
OBLIGATIONS OF THE PARENT/GUARDIAN
- Parent/Guardian agrees that a parent or guardian (19 years of age or older) will be present at the tutoring location during the entire lesson.
This agreement constitutes the entire understanding between the parties with regard to the subject matter thereof and the parties waive the right to rely on any alleged expressed or implied provision not contained herein. Any alteration to this agreement must be in writing and signed by both parties.
Whilst BASIRI Tutoring LTD. makes every effort in screening tutors based on their knowledge, background, professionalism and personality; checking references and completing police background checks; and making it mandatory for parents (or an adult guardian) to be present at all times during each tutoring session, BASIRI Tutoring LTD. is not liable against any and all claims, demands, losses, damages, costs, liabilities, and expenses whatsoever kind or character on account of any actual or alleged loss, injury or damage to any person, firm or corporation or to any property, arising out of, or in connection with the services rendered by the tutor under this agreement.